Jupiter taboos you should break
Jupiter the largest planet in our solar system, is nothing short of marvelous in every term. Yet it's discovery in the early times by Greek geniuses , it has always been one of the mysterious planets of the solar system. Thanks to voyager probes that we could break certain misconceptions about the giant gas planet.
1. Io is a small world that was once expected to be geologically dead like our own moon. A celestial object so small is expected to lose heat easily and be unable to develop plate tectonics. However, Io proved to be the contrary as it abounds with active volcanoes emitting sulfur compounds. Due to tidal heating from Jupiter, it is the most volcanically active place in the solar system.
2. Europa the satellite of jupiter could harbour life. Europa is a candidate for habitability in the solar system, as it comprises a smooth icy crust, with an ocean of water underneath.
3. Jupiter is big , we know this but the actual part is that it is huge , around 300 earths could be fit inside jupiter.
4. The Great Red Spot is a huge storm on Jupiter - It has raged for at least 350 years. It is so large that three Earths could fit inside it.
5. Jupiter has the shortest day of all the planets. It turns on its axis once every 9 hours and 55 minutes. The rapid rotation flattens the planet slightly, giving it an oblate shape.
6. Jupiter is never going to hit Earth , rather its strong gravitational field have always saved Earth from strong meteor showers.
Maybe we have already been encountered by Aliens. What is Nasa hiding ??? Find it out in our next post !